Meet the Team that runs the choir!
- Ruaridh joined the choir as a tenor in 2013 and is a graduate of the university. He enjoyed the choir so much that he immediately wanted to be part of the committee. As social secretary he arranged some great events to encourage socialization amongst the choir members and create happy memories. Some of his personal favourites that we've sung have been as the Pirate King in 'Pirates of Penzance', Les Mis and Faure's Requiem.
- Alistair Warwick is Conductor of the Stirling University Choir, and also founded the Dunblane Chamber Orchestra in 2008, and conducted them in their first three concerts.
- He has also conducted the Rosenethe Singers (December 2006, March 2008 and May 2010).
- Ailsa has a music degree from Edinburgh University and has been the accompanist at Stirling University Choir since 2014.
- I am a retired Co. Director of an Ice Cream manufacturing company. I have been a choir member for 35+ years and Hon Treasurer for 9 years.
- David organises the musical scores for each semester, making sure we always get the best deals!
- Emily is our current secretary.
Bookings Officer + Bass Section Lead
- Ben has been a community member of the choir for many years. Having previously sung in school and university choirs, he enjoys continuing his choral singing with Stirling University Choir.
- Ben is the Booking Secretary, which amongst other things involves arranging the rehearsal and concert venues and also managing the logistics on the day of the concert.
- In recent years, particular favourites have been Faure’s Requiem and the challenge of Durufle’s Requiem.
- Ruaridh joined the choir as a tenor in 2013 and is a graduate of the university. He enjoyed the choir so much that he immediately wanted to be part of the committee. As social secretary he hopes to arrange some great events to encourage socialization amongst the choir members and create happy memories. Some of his personal favourites that we've sung have been Les Mis and Faure's Requiem.
- David is a recent graduate of Stirling University and is now living and working full time in Stirling. His favourite piece so far has been the Bach Cantata 140.
- He created the SUC website and administrates it, and also creates promotional materials such as posters and flyers.
Soprano Section Lead
Alto Section Lead
- Joined the choir as a community member in 2012, having sung off and on in various choirs in various locations!
Tenor Section Lead
- Nick Morris - Tenor Section Co-ordinator. Some have said that organizing tenors is like herding cats. This is not true! The Tenors are a small dedicated band who provide entertainment for the rest of the choir. I have sung with SU choir for about 5 years now. Outside of the choir I am an Explorer Scout Leader.