- This event has passed.
Autumn 2021: Rehearsal 2 – 20 September
20/09/2021 @ 19:30 – 21:00
Second rehearsal of our Autumn Semester
We are meeting in Holy Trinity Church, Albert Place, Stirling, FK8 2RG.
Please arrive at 7:15pm for a 7:30pm start.
Please buy a copy of Bob Chilcott’s Songs my Heart has Taught me (available from Amazon (link) or other bookstores).
Other music will be made available to download from this website.
For those of you that are coming, if possible, please bring all the music that you printed off for our rehearsals last term, in particular, ‘Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring’ (Herz und Mund und Tat und Leben, BWV 147) by JS Bach.
Coronavirus mitigation procedures
The number of Covid cases in the area remains high and the choir’s membership covers a wide age range. Ben and Alistair have discussed this and feel the precautions the Committee has set out should mitigate the risks as best possible, whilst still retaining the enjoyment of singing freely together.
- When you arrive at the front door (as seen in the image, above), please follow the directions given by a committee member. You will need to wear a mask whilst moving about in the church.
- You will have your temperature taken (with a contactless, handheld thermometer), after which you will be able to go into the porch, where there is a hand sanitiser station.
- Registration will take place in the church at multiple stations; you will be directed where to go.
- A one-way system will be in place: please go down the central aisle and return by the side aisles.
- Toilet facilities can be found in the church hall, immediately behind the church.
When sitting and whilst singing, we will not be wearing masks.
However, masks must be worn at all other times, i.e. when moving about.
For the rehearsals to be as safe as possible, there are a small number of very important instructions that must be followed.
Please complete a lateral flow test on the day of each rehearsal.
Please do not come to rehearsals if:
- your lateral flow test is positive
- you have any symptoms of Covid
- any member of your household has any symptoms of Covid
- you have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid within the last 7 days
- you have not been double vaccinated.
We appreciate some of you might decide that the risks still remain too high to attend and fully understand that decision.
Along with the Committee, we will continue to monitor the situation and will adapt the approach as required.
We look forward very much to singing with those of you that decide you’d like to come along this evening.
Although these procedures are cumbersome, we hope that they will help us all to remain safe, and thus be able to make music again with a lightened heart!